Early Learning Strider Program
NITEHAWK’S EARLY LEARNING STRIDER PROGRAM
Nitehawk is dedicated to creating quality outdoor learning environments for young adventure seekers and nature enthusiasts. This summer, Nitehawk is proud to invite early learners and their care-takers to challenge their ideas on how and when to ride a bike, by participating in their Early Learning Strider Programs.
Offering young children the opportunity to develop basic motor-skills, special awareness, and balance in a safe and exciting, intrinsic environment, the ELSP program leads participants through a series of age appropriate obstacle courses, each ending with planned breaks which include nature inspired scavenger hunts, a picnic (to be provided by parent/guardian), and circle time beneath the trees for finger-play action rhymes and songs.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
ELSP will be offered to toddlers ages two to five years old who are accompanied by a parent or guardian. Programs will be divided into groups for 2-3 years, and 4-5 years. Classes max at 10 children.
Children need zero bicycle/tricycle experience to participate in this program as strider bikes are developed to replace tricycles and training wheels.
Advantages of riding a Strider (from www.striderbikes.com):
- STRIDER balance bikes are ultra light weight (under 16 pounds) and very easy for young children to control.
- Research shows that learning balance and coordination with exercise jump-starts a child’s growth and development.
- Riding the STRIDER bike not only teaches balance and coordination, but it develops glittering confidence.
- The STRIDER No-Pedal Balance Bike is a simple pedal-less design that allows children to focus solely on learning balance first.
- The STRIDER is free of cables, chains, sprockets, pedals or protrusions that can harm a child.
- The STRIDER provides for a safe, speedy, smooth and natural transition to a pedal bike.
- The patented, integrated footrests provide a place for children’s feet while coasting along.
- Durable, steel frame and fork for years of service.
WHEN IS NITEHAWK OFFERING THIS PROGRAM?
Nitehawk’s ELSP will kick-off this July 17th and be made available through to August 23rd as a 6 week sesson, offered on Mondays, and Wednesdays. Special Event Sundays will offer both morning and afternoon programs.
- Morning Monday: 1 hour ; 9 am – 10 am ; Ages 2 and 3
- Afternoon Monday: 2 hours ; 1 pm – 3 pm ; Ages 4 and 5
- Morning Wednesday: 2 hours ; 9 am – 11 am ; Ages 4 and 5
- Afternoon Wednesday: 1 hour ; 1 pm – 2 pm ; Ages 2 and 3
- Special Event Sundays: Offers participants the option between both 9 am – 11 am or 1 pm – 3 pm programs
Birthday Parties are also an option! When dates are booked in advance, birthday celebrations can be made through adventure, fresh-air, and excitement. Birthday bookings to be made on off-ELSP days, or after ESLP hours.
HOW CAN PARENTS/GUARDIANS SIGN UP?
Fill in the form to the right or give us a call at NItehawk – 780-532-6637. Chose to do just one session a week or two. If you have your own balance bike already you can bring that out or you can rent one from Nitehawk for only $5 a session
Promoting healthy living, confidence, pride, and a love for the natural environment, Nitehawk hopes this Early Learning Strider Program will be a bright introduction to outdoor adventure! Let your little ones shine, by strapping up, and striding on!