Summer Bike Camp
This year, Nitehawk is excited to offer 3 different bike camp options! Our original and popular 1 week camp for youth ages 8-15 of all abilities, a week long advanced camp for previous Nitehawk campers who are ready to take their riding to the next level and a Mini Groms 3 day long camp for kids age 4-8 who are on two wheels and eager to take their bikes out on some trails!
All of the camps take place on the beautiful wapiti river valley here at Nitehawk Year Round Adventure Park in Grande Prairie. Each day camp will start at 9am to 4pm. Daily activities for each camp include downhill mountain bike skill development in a fun & safe environment, trail riding on Nitehawks many bike paths, basic bicycle maintenance training, bike & trail safety and most important… getting dirty and having fun. Plus tons of other activities thrown in throughout the week.
Nitehawk is excited to partner with Monkey Bus! If you are interested in a camp but unable to get your campers here, click here to connect with Connie of Monkey Bus Transportation! She has offered all Nitehawk campers an amazing deal of only $10 a day!
Camp Options and Details
Nitehawk Original Camp
* want to get out onto the trails, learn the basic skills or build on the skills you already have. Working with a certified instructor campers will move through various skills on obstacles to downhill trails. Enjoy everything the river valley has to offer, exploring trails, making new friends and having fun outdoors!
Cost: $320 – 5 day camp
$ 256 – 4 day camp
July 3rd– 7th, 2017
July 17th – 21st, 2017
August 8th – 11th, 2017 (4 day camp)
August 21st – 25th, 2017
Advanced Bike Camp
*Prerequisite – you must have taken part in at least one Nitehawk summer camp, and been able to ride all the trails, with no walking of the bike. This camp is designed to go to the next level, working up to riding the black diamond runs. The camp will have a skills test on the first day, campers will be required to wear full face helmet, gloves, shin pads and a full suspension bike. (Neck brace suggested). Camp will be 4:1 participant : instructor
Cost: $340 (a small selection of full suspension bikes are available to rent for $20 a day)
Date: July 17th – 21st, 2017
Mini Grom Bike Camp
* Learn to ride obstacles, the cross country trail and work towards our easy downhill trails.
Date: July 12th – 14th, 2017
Second date – August 14-18, 2017
Time: 9 am to 1230 pm
All camps included a t-shirt and lunch for the everyday of camp.
Lunches are generously donated by – Pita Pit, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Blackmans Meat and Guerino’s
Fees & Deadlines
- Registration deadline is the Friday prior to the commencement of the camp. Early registration is recommended as camps fill early.
*Note: Camp may be cancelled due to low enrollments!
Application and Cancellation Policy
Please include full payment with your application.
Post dated cheques will not be accepted. A $25.00 fee will be issued for any NSF cheques.
All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to the following conditions:
- Cancellations received up to 7 days prior to the start of camp will receive a 75% refund of the remaining camp fee
- Cancellations received less than 7 days from the start of the camp will receive a 50% refund of the remaining camp fee
- Cancellation due to illness or injury will receive a full refund less the $35 cancellation fee. Notification from a medical doctor must be included with your letter of cancellation.
NO SHOW – NO REFUND
For more information,
Contact Nitehawk Recreation Area