Nitehawk Winter 2020/21
COVID-19 Operating Protocols
Last Updated: October 27, 2020
First and foremost, Nitehawk would like to say that the Health and Safety of our Staff & Guests is our top priority this season. That being said, our Staff & Management are looking forward to welcoming all our Guests, their families & social cohorts to the slopes for a great
2020/21 Winter Season!
We do want you to know that Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing will look different this year due to COVID-19 as well as the Landslide we encountered earlier this Summer; and we want to make sure you have all the necessary information regarding the impacts COVID-19 will have on your visit to Nitehawk. Please scroll down to learn more.
Please Note that Nitehawk will be continuing to update this page regularly as guidelines & protocols change, but despite these ongoing updates we want to share our current plans for operations this Winter Season with you. These protocols are based on Government of Alberta and Government of Canada Guidelines and Best Practices created and complied by the CWSAA, NSAA & CSC Ski Areas Associations and many local ski areas.
These guidelines and operating protocols have been adopted to ensure that the Health and Safety of YOU our Guests and our Staff, remain Nitehawk’s TOP PRIORITY.
To learn more about how the Ski Industry is adapting, please check out the Canadian Ski Council’s “Ski Well, Be Well” Operating Best Practices.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we all work hard to
NOT be the REASON we LOSE our SEASON!
Please be sure to check this page for the most up to date information before visiting.
Should you have any questions please don’t hesitate to message us on our Facebook Page
or email email@example.com.
For the safety of all our Staff & Guests, Face Coverings must be worn at Nitehawk:
- In ALL indoor spaces and cafeterias, unless you are actively eating or drinking.
- In ALL common outdoor spaces where physical distance can’t be maintained (ie. Chalet deck, Aquatera Tube Zone)
- In ALL lift lines and while riding lifts (Platter, 600ft Conveyor & Bob’s Bump Conveyor), no exceptions.
- At ALL times when Tubing at the Aquatera Tube Zone.
- At ALL times when participating in a Ski or Snowboard Lesson.
Please note that Face Coverings are not required while actively skiing, snowboarding, eating or drinking.
- We ask that guests follow all signage and staff instructions while visiting Nitehawk.
- Capacities will be limited in ALL our indoor facilities to allow us to manage access and work within COVID-19 Guidelines & Procedures.
- Face Coverings will be required in ALL indoor spaces, cafeterias and ALL common outdoor spaces where physical distance can’t be maintained.
- Hand Sanitizer stations will be provided at all entrances to the Indoor Spaces. And we encourage you to use them frequently.
- Nitehawk Staff will be required to do a health screening before each shift. Staff who are ill will be asked to stay home.
- Guests are required to stay away from our facilities if they are sick and/or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 as outlined by AHS.
- We will be doing our best to reduce touch points wherever possible; including but not limited to: Cashless Payment Methods, Online Ticket Purchasing and Online Waiver Forms.
- Plexiglass barrier will be installed where appropriate throughout the Chalet & Lower Chalet, where they have been deemed appropriate.
- We will be cleaning regularly, especially in high traffic areas and touch points, and wiping down and disinfecting surfaces, as per AHS Guidelines.
Hill Access & Lifts:
Our 2020-21 Winter Season is scheduled to start on Saturday November 21st (weather dependent).
- There will be limited hill capacity as we operate within AHS Guidelines and also adapt to having less terrain and overall lift capacity, due to the landslide we encountered this Summer.
- Regular Hill Operating Hours (excluding special holiday hours) will be:
- Wednesdays & Fridays 5:30-9:30PM
- Saturdays & Sundays 11:00AM-5:00PM
- Aquatera Tube Zone Regular Operating Hours (excluding special holiday hours) will be:
- Fridays 5:00-7:00PM & 7:30-9:30PM
- Saturdays 12:30-2:30PM & 3:00-5:00PM
- Sundays 12:30-2:30PM & 3:00-5:00PM
Please Note that Physical Distancing of Two(2) Meters must be maintained and Face Coverings/Masks must be worn in all Lift Lines. We ask for your cooperation and patience as our staff work to enforce these new Guidelines & Rules.
Ski & Snowboard Equipment Rentals:
Rentals will be offered Nitehawk’s rental shop this winter and we will be taking extra precautions to keep your health and safety a top priority. Becausse of reduced capacity (25%) in the Rental Shop, we do anticipate slightly longer waits to get equipment this season.
If you are taking lessons, please arrive 45-60mins prior to your lesson in case changes need to be made to your preset Rentals.
- Sanitation of equipment will take place daily after rentals are returned.
- Equipment will only be rented once per day.
- Face coverings are mandatory in the Rental Shop & ALL Indoor Spaces.
- 2 metre physical distancing is required while waiting in line
Snow School & Lessons
- Face Coverings/Masks are required to be worn for All Lessons, by All Students & Instructors at All Times.
- If you are not feeling well and/or are experiencing any COVID-19 Symptoms, please do not come to your lesson. Please contact our Snowschool Team 780-532-6637.
- We will be maintaining a low student to instructor ratio, group lessons will be at a ratio of 5:1.
- If you are interested in a cohort lesson, please inquire with Snowschool Team.
- We will be having all Students Check-in outside with our Snowschool Team, we ask that one parent check-in each child.
- When checking in for All Nitehawk Lesson Programs, we ask that Students come dressed and ready to go.
- If you are renting equipment, please arrive at least 45-60mins before your lesson to get collect your rentals. Please anticipate longer than usual wait times for rental equipment, should changes to your pre-set gear be required.
- instructors will use methods to decrease physical interaction with guests.
- Instructors will not be having lunch with guests.
Ski Hill Tickets & Passes:
For the 2020-21 Winter Season you will be required to pre-purchase ALL Ski, Snowboard and Tube Lift Tickets ONLINE prior to visiting the Hill. This will allow us to share guest information for the purpose of contact tracing with Alberta Health Services should it be required.
- Pre-purchasing of ALL lift tickets will be required in advance to your arrival at Nitehawk.
- There will be NO in-person lift ticket sales.
- There may be times when daily capacity is met and day tickets for a particular day or time will not be available.
This will be a NEW experience for both Nitehawk and You our guests. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we adapt to our new ONLINE booking system. More information will be shared as we finalize the logistics of the online purchasing process.
Aquatera Tube Zone:
A great experience for ALL Ages and place to enjoy Fresh-Air Famly Fun! The Aquatera Tube Zone will be open this Winter and we’re excited to offer a NEW experience called GLOW TUBING during evening operations.
- Tickets must be pre-purchased ONLINE in advance to your visit, as we don’t want to disappoint those who arrive without tickets if we are SOLD OUT.
- For the safety of all our Staff & Guests, Face Coverings must be worn at ALL times when Tubing at the Aquatera Tube Zone.
- We will have capacity restrictions in the Tube Zone, in order to safely operate.
- Tubing Sessions will be capped at _______ people. (AHS guideline for Outdoor Events)
- Space will be limited in the Lower Chalet, and Face Coverings will be required while indoors.
- We will have reduced Food & Beverage options, with a focus on Grab-n-GO items.
- Two(2) Meter physical distancing and face coverings are required in all Line-ups.
- Tubing in Groups will only be allowed if you belong to same cohort group.
- Tubes cannot be shared and will be sanitized between sessions.
- Physical distancing in Lift Lines and Tube Lane Line-ups is required along with mandatory face coverings for ALL Nitehawk Staff & Guests.
The Nitehawk Main Chalet and Lower Chalet will both see reduced seating and standing capacities in order to follow AHS Guidelines this season, as well as the following protocols:
- A mask or face covering will be required in ALL Indoor Spaces, unless actively eating or drinking.
- ALL Nitehawk Staff will be wearing face coverings or face shields.
- We will be limiting the amount of guests allowed inside our Chalets and Rental Shop to ensure proper physical distancing.
- We HIGHLY Recommend that all guests come dressed to be outside for the majority of their visit.
- High touchpoint surfaces will be sanitized and cleaned a minimum of Three(3) times per day and enhanced deep cleaning will take place every day after closing.
- Storage Racks & Cubbies have been removed.
- Please leave bags and personal items in your vehicle, as there will be NO storage space – please use your vehicle as your HOMEBASE.
- We suggest bringing only what you need to hill or packing a small backpack you can take on the hill with you.
Upper & Lower Chalet Cafeterias:
- NO Outside Food or Bag Lunches will be permitted in Nitehawk’s Cafeterias this season. We encourage you to eat in your vehicle or outside if needed.
- Guests that are not skiing, snowboarding or tubing are asked to watch from our outdoor patio or from their vehicle, as Nitehawk needs to allow for as many guests as possible to access our Indoor facilities to grab a bite to eat and utilize our washroom facilities.
- Tables in ALL indoor & outdoor eating facilities will be spaced to allow for Two(2) meter Physical Distancing. Please do NOT move tables and chairs from their assigned locations.
- A maximum of Six(6) individuals from the same cohort may sit together at the same table.
- Enhanced cleaning & sanitization protocols will be in place.
- We will be offering more Grab-n-Go Food Items in our Cafeterias to help reduce line-ups.
- The use of Outdoor Patio Seating is encouraged.
- We will be setting up an outdoor BBQ near the Upper Chalet Deck frequently throughout the season to take the pressure off our indoor facilities.
We realize the changes listed above may or likely will create inconveniences, however we ask for everyone’s cooperation, patience and understanding. In order for us to provide a safe space for everyone this winter it will require adaptation and the willingness to do things differently from ALL.