Events » CASI Level 1 – Snowboard Instructor Course
Who Should Take This Course?
You should take this course if you love to snowboard, and have a desire to introduce new students to snowboarding. You should be confident and comfortable both communicating and demonstrating in front of a group.
Am I Ready?
The Level 1 Instructor standards require you to pass both riding and teaching evaluations. In order to help you achieve success on the course, we suggest you take the following steps in preparation, if they are available to you:
- Spend time working as an assistant/apprentice instructor, in order to see a beginner lesson in action.
- Book a lesson with a current CASI Level 1 Evaluator to get feedback on your riding ability in relation to the technical standard.
- Complete the Level 1 course e-prep workshops.
$389.00 / Retest $122.00
*$25.00 late fee added if registered after the deadline date. Taxes and lift tickets are not included in course fees.
- 15 years of age on the first day of the course (ID must be presented on Day 1)
- Must be fluent in either English or French
- Able to demonstrate comfortable and safe riding skills on intermediate terrain
The CASI Level 1 Snowboard Instructor certification course is open to strong intermediate snowboarders, aged 15 years and older. Candidates on the Level 1 Course will spend time exploring snowboarding technique and teaching methods across a variety of venues, both on-snow (up to and including intermediate terrain) and during indoor presentations.
The CASI Level 1 course is an introductory course, designed to give successful candidates the skills necessary to begin their role as a new instructor in the industry. Beginner teaching methods, understanding of basic snowboard technique, as well as lesson planning and effective communication skills will be addressed.
Candidates will receive coaching on their snowboarding, as well as feedback on their teaching skills, with the goal of reaching the Level 1 standard in both of these areas. They will also receive suggestions and strategies for long-term development. The successful candidate is certified to teach beginner snowboarders up to the Novice Turn level.
3 days totalling a minimum of 18 hours (including evaluations).