CSIA Level 1 – Ski Instructor Course
CSIA Level 1 Ski Instructor Certification
Who Should Take This Course?
The CSIA Level 1 Certification Course is open to anyone with an interest in learning about how to teach skiing. Candidates on the Level 1 Course will explore skiing technique and teaching methods on Beginner up to Intermediate terrain.
- 14 years of age on the first day of the Course
- Confident parallel skiing on Intermediate terrain
Am I Ready?
CSIA Level 1 Certification includes skiing and teaching assessment and evaluation.
In order to help you achieve success on the Course, consider the following preparation, if available to you:
- Spend time working or volunteering at a Snow School, to experience entry level lessons in action
- Book a lesson at a Snow School with a current CSIA Course Conductor to enhance your skiing ability and gain insight into the Level 1
The CSIA Level 1 Course is designed to introduce and develop the basic skills for teaching new skiers of all ages with a focus on teaching children.
Time will be spent exploring:
- How to teach safely in the age of COVID-19
- Collaborative Teaching Approaches and Lesson Planning
- CSIA Technical Concepts
- Ski Improvement
- Guest Service and Communication
Skills Candidates will receive coaching on their skiing, as well as feedback on their teaching skills, with the goal of reaching the Level 1 Standard in both of these areas.
They will also receive suggestions and strategies for long-term development. The successful Candidate is certified to teach first-time skiers through Intermediate level students.
Duration: 3 days Search the schedule, click this link to register: https://www.snowpro.com/en/certification-en/search-and-register