Journey to The Death Race
What is The Canadian Death Race:
Since the start of the millennium, racers have come to the Canadian Rockies to cheat Death in one of the world’s toughest ultramarathons. The 125km course begins and ends on a 4200-foot plateau, passes over three mountain summits, and not only includes over 17,000 feet of elevation change but a major river crossing at the spectacular Hell’s Gate canyon at the confluence of the Smoky and Sulphur Rivers. Each year, extreme athletes push themselves to the limits of their endurance against the breathtaking background of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. Well-trained and totally committed, they battle heat, cold, altitude, and their own demons. Finishing is the prize and the bragging rights are priceless. (https://www.canadiandeathrace.com/)
What is the Journey to Death Race:
The Journey to The Death Race is a 5 month training challenge that will take you from the many amenities of Eastlink Centre to the running trails of Nitehawk Year-Round Adventure Park all in preparation for your final destination; The Canadian Death Race, where your team will run this 5 Leg Relay Race with the goal of completion and comradery.
Our Commitment to YOU:
- Teams will be able to participate in the three (2) Nitehawk Race Series Events leading up to The Canadian Death Race. Nitehawk Race Entries for all 5 Team Members will be Free/Complimentary. These Race Events include: The Tuffest 10 Foot Race (June 20th), and The Hawk Grande Ultra Series (July 11th).
**Includes Race Registration Fees Only, T-shirts & other Race Promotional Items are not included in each complimentary registration.
- Teams will have access to the Eastlink Centre’s many ammenties for training purposes including: All Drop-in Classes, Swimming Pool & Area, Track, Fieldhouse and Gym for the entire Six (5) Months leading up to The Canadian Death Race.
**PlayCare & Registered Programming are not included.
- Team Members will receive a Free Six (6) Month Nitehawk Trail Training Pass (No Lift Access) for themselves and one (1) guest.
- Team Members will have access to basic Progressive Run Training Programming, provided by a Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology (CSEP) Certified Personal Trainer if needed.
- Winning Teams will receive a 5 Person Relay Team PAID Entrance Fee for The Canadian Death Race 2020, valued at $1250.00/team.
- Winning Teams will be provided with Eastlink Centre & Nitehawk Year-Round Adventure Park Logo’d and Sponsored Race Apparel to wear during and pre & post race.
YOUR Commitment to us:
- Racers will be responsible for their own Accommodations, Travel, Gear, Food and anything else required to train for their portion of The Canadian Death Race during the 5 months leading up to the Event and on Race Weekend.
- Racers will be required to share highlights of their Training Journey on Social Media, by tagging @goNitehawk & @EastlinkCentreGP in all posts, at least once per week over the 5 months leading up to the Race.
- Racers should utilize the facilities & race events in a way that will allow for the successful completion of their specific leg of the race.
- Teams should be willing to utilize all forms of training including training in Grande Cache on ALL Legs of the Canadian Death Race so that ALL Team Members get an understanding of what each Racer will be undertaking during their leg of the race.
- Each Team Member is required to complete an Assumption of Risk Form, a Physical Activity Readiness Questionairre, Photo/Video Release Form and a Nitehawk Waiver Form in order to participate in The Journey to The Death Race.
- Each Team Member may be filmed or photographed at any time during the next 5 Months during training sessions & races and at The Canadian Death Race. These photos and videos may be used for current and future promotional material.