CASI Member PDP Sessions
Take advantage of these training days offered to CASI members!
Member Sessions follow a couple of different formats:
- Member Sessions: Full-day training sessions catered to specific skills and topics. Examples include all-mountain freeriding, freestyle skills, women’s sessions, and corridor training (perfect for Level 4 candidates!). Duration: full day (5 hours)
- QuickRide Update Member Sessions: Get the latest info on beginner teaching methods, using the QuickRide System, and some general riding improvement training. These sessions are offered to Snow Schools looking to update snowboard staff with some professional development info, as well as some riding improvement. These sessions are typically requested by snow schools or resorts via CASI Head Office. Session Duration: half-day (2.5 hours)
Member Session Topic Descriptions:
- Basic Freestyle Skills: Freestyle riding skill development in small and medium terrain park features. Suitable for those preparing for the Park 1 course and / or Level 3 Instructor course.
- All-Mountain Freeriding: Terrain and condition-specific riding improvement session based around the CASI technical model. Improvement will be catered to the group’s goals and current riding level, as well as the conditions on the day. Suitable for all members.
- Corridor Training: Corridor riding task practice, specific to the Level 4 Exam standards. Suitable for all members, but specific to Level 3 members training for the Level 4 course / exams.
- NEW FOR 2021-22! Toolbox Session: Full-day session that will improve the group’s knowledge of skill-development exercises and tools. Groups will explore the 5 riding skills, and practice exercises that are specific to each. Suitable for Level 1 members training for the Level 2 Instructor course.
- NEW FOR 2021-22! Carving Session: Carving-specific tactics and skill development. Suitable for all members.
- Members are entitled to attend one free training session per season. Additional sessions are available for a fee of $50.
- Pre-registration is required for all sessions. Use the “Schedule” tab above to find and register for a session near you. Please ensure you register before the deadline to ensure that these sessions run.